Sunday, May 18, 2008

still the same...

Or at least I still "feel" the same.
After two months now of traveling through two countries so different from mine, how could I possibly still feel the same?
Yes, I have experienced much and seen a lot, but yet as I come to the the last few weeks of my trip, I know I will be returning home with just as much confusion and bewilderment at what to do with this life God has given me.
Going home for me is exciting to see the people I love, however I am quite fearful of falling back into old patterns, and not being able to follow through on some sort of passionate goal in furthering the Kingdom of God here on earth. I dont want to be rich, or famous, or popular, or smart, or well spoken. I especially do not want to participate in the mundane. I am fearful to lose my spark and passion for this journey and life that God has called us to live.
So...I guess its begins with that. Avoid the standard, and strive for something larger than me.
Now if I just knew where to start?
Grace and Peace.
Russ
Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." (Harold Whitman)

1 comment:

NanAZ said...

Hey Russ,

Remember me? Nancy Hann, Kevin's mom. Your dad just gave me your blog link and I've started catching up on your journey. Sound like quite an adventure. I'd love to see a post on your impressions now that you're back home.

It's great to know that you're doing well.